Improving the Health and Wellbeing of young people has always been a priority for Wigan Youth Zone. We are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our members, their families and our staff. Learning in health and wellbeing ensures that children and young people develop the knowledge and understanding, skills, capabilities and attributes which they need for mental, nutritional, emotional, social and physical wellbeing now and in the future.
Learning through health and wellbeing enables children and young people to:
- Make informed decisions in order to improve their mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing
- Experience challenge and enjoyment
- Experience positive aspects of healthy living and activity for themselves
- Apply their mental, emotional, social and physical skills to pursue a healthy lifestyle
- Make a successful move to the next stage of education or work
- Establish a pattern of health and wellbeing which will be sustained into adult life, and which will help to promote the health and wellbeing of the next generation of young Wiganers.
It also enables some to perform at high levels in sport or prepare for careers within the health and leisure industries.
Learning through health and wellbeing promotes confidence, independent thinking and positive attitudes and dispositions. Because of this, it is the responsibility of every Youth Worker to contribute to learning and development in this area.
At Wigan Youth Zone we have an excellent holistic approach towards meeting the needs of Health and Wellbeing.
Check out our inclusive programme of activities focusing on Health and Wellbeing